Welcome to our blog and thanks for stopping by. At Dental Arts of Cherry Hills we want to offer you some easy to follow tips when caring for your teeth.
Good dental hygiene starts with brushing twice daily.
Brush. No brainer, right? Make sure to use a soft-bristled toothbrush, as hard bristles can damage the gums and wear away enamel. A gentle toothbrushing at the correct angle can gently wipe the bacteria away. Don’t forget your gumline and even your tongue. Use toothpaste with fluoride. Don’t scrub your teeth and gums until your gums recede and expose parts of your tooth you don’t want to be exposed. Proper brushing and regular flossing can keep your gums healthy and strong.Floss Daily
Create your daily routine for flossing that leaves enough time to spend a full two minutes gently cleaning all the nooks and crannies of your delicate mouth. Floss daily to dislodge food, decrease plaque buildup, and help ward off gum disease. Also, do not forget to have a new floss package ready to use when your current one runs out. Waiting days to get to the store for more can disrupt a balanced routine.
Visit your Dentist every 6 Months
While even with great oral hygiene routine at home, it is very important that you visit your Denver dentist office every six months for a regular checkup and cleaning. Not only does your mouth feel great and clean, a visit to your dentist will help prevent tooth decay, stave off gum disease, and maintain oral health. Call Dental Arts of Cherry Hills to set up an initial consultation today. We’ve got the phones ready! Oral screenings, cavity checks are vital to maintaining a healthy mouth.
More tips to consider:
There are many healthy habits and quality products out there to help supplement your oral hygiene routine.
- Mouthwash can help combat gum disease, in addition, to give us a clean fresh breath every day.
- Limiting sugary foods and drinks, constant snacking, acidic eats and staining foods will contribute to a healthy smile.
- A balanced diet provides your teeth and other oral tissues with vitamins and minerals they need.
- Fluoride in water, toothpaste or any supplemental form can help aid in the development of teeth for children and strengthen enamel in adults
- Avoiding smoking will decrease your risk for oral cancer, gum disease, tooth staining, bad breath and other oral health problems.
How do your daily hygiene habits stack up to the recommendations listed above? Give yourself a thumbs up for the parts you’ve got down pat and set a goal to focus on improving your brushing, flossing and “extras” habits in any aspect that might need a little work.